If you think LJMU’s English course might be for you, we still have a limited number of places available. Remember, though, that the Clearing process is very competitive. Here’s our advice for securing a place on our course for September 2016:
- Make sure you’ve checked all the information on our entry requirements and the course itself via the LJMU website (and that you meet those requirements).
- Have a look at LJMU’s Essential Guide to Clearing, here, to make sure you understand the process.
- Stay calm and be positive: we’re a friendly bunch here at LJMU English.
- We make Clearing offers to candidates who are open and articulate, committed to their studies, who love reading and discussing ideas, and are aware of what LJMU English, the university, and the city have to offer – be ready to convince us that this means you!
- We make sure that all Clearing applicants talk to an academic – a lecturer on the English programme – and they’ll want to know why you want to study with us, and what attracts you both to studying English literature, and to our particular course. They’ll be able to email you a booklet giving all the details of exactly what you’d be studying across the three years of your degree with us, so you can be sure you’re making a good match (as Jane Austen would say). Have a good look around this site too, and think of questions you’d like to ask us when we talk. If you click on the ‘Freshers 2016’ tab above, you’ll find our amazing student intern team have produced posts on our first-year modules, as well as lots of other aspects of life as part of LJMU English.
- Be prepared to reflect honestly on blips in your results, if you have them.
- Call the LJMU vacancy hotline 0500 564 565 from Thursday 18th August (free from UK landline). Lines are open Monday-Friday, between 9am and 5pm. If you are calling the Clearing vacancy hotline from outside the UK, please dial +44 151 906 1040.
- Come and see us on Friday 19th or Saturday 20th August – meet your LJMU tutors and see where you would be spending your study time. We’ll give you full details of our Open Days when you call.
- Remember this advice applies to people applying to us for the first time on 18th August: if you’ve already applied to LJMU English and have a query about your place, call the confirmation line on 0151 231 5090.
Perhaps we’ll see you in September – good luck!